Liquid-cooled, 99cc, Two-stroke Engine
- Utilizes a separate clutch cover on the right side of the engine for quick servicing without removing the water pump cover
- Liquid-cooling assures even-running temperatures, consistent power output and greater reliability
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machine finished for increased durability
- Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets –the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient with low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Value System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower and torque at all rpm's
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining excellent top-end power
- Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
28mm Keihin Carburetor
- Crescent slide carburetor puts the needle closer to the intake ports for excellent throttle response
- Adjustable for various conditions
- Clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
- Large clutch plates are 119mm in diameter for durability and control
- Clutch-release lever ratio provides light clutch lever action
- Thick clutch basket housing improves durability
- Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Fifth and sixth gears on the input shaft ride on bushings for added reliability
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Allows the engine's full potential to be realized
- Provides oil level window
- Hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Wide footpegs for better control, made of cast steel for strength
- Thick footpeg brackets withstand today's rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
- Positioned in the frame to lower center of gravity and improve handling
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity and control
- Swingarm incorporates cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections for easy chain adjustments
- Flanged collars at the bearings to protect the seals from mud
- Fully adjustable shock with compression, rebound damping and spring preload adjustments
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Aluminum upper tubes are 49.5mm in diameter for excellent control and steering response
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation
Front and Rear Wheels
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side of the hub for durability
- Thick spokes are used in the front and rear for stronger wheels, requiring less adjustment
- Light weight aluminum rims
- Aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and Black graphics just like larger KX models
- Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Displacement: 99cc
- Bore x stroke: 52.5 x 45.8mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
- Induction: Two-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1 (low speed) – 8.8:1 (high speed)
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
- Rake / trail: 27° / 4.1 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 4-way compression and 18-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
- Front tire: 70/100x19
- Rear tire: 90/100x16
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 75.2 in.
- Overall width: 28.9 in.
- Overall height: 43.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 15.0 in.
- Seat height: 34.3 in.
- Curb weight: 156.5 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 50.8 in.
- Color: Lime Green