2017 Yamaha YZF-R6
Stock Image: Team Yamaha Blue
Clearance: Save $2,500.00 now until 6/30/2019
* Price shown is based on the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) and is subject to change. MSRP excludes destination charges, optional accessories, applicable taxes, installation, setup and/or other dealer fees.
REFINED - REDESIGNED - REMARKABLE
The most dominant 600cc sportbike with reigning back-to-back MotoAmerica Championships is sharper than ever with a long list of performance enhancing refinements.
- Beauty - Technology - Speed - Meet the All-New 2017 YZF-R6: On track or street, the YZF-R6® was already one of the most advanced and successful supersport machines ever built. For 2017, radical new styling wraps up an even more intelligent racing machine, complete with ABS brakes, new suspension and new electronic rider aids.
- Unparalleled Racetrack Success: The Yamaha YZF-R6 has won more AMA middleweight races and championships than any other 600cc sportbike, making it the number one choice for amateur and professional racers alike.
- Legendary R6 Handling: Already one of the most nimble machines in the supersport class, 2017 brings additional mass-centralization to the proven R6 package along with updated suspension, for improved front-end feedback and greater cornering confidence.
- Thrilling Power and Control: With a class-leading, high-revving four-cylinder powerplant at its heart, the R6 already screams across the start/finish line ahead of the pack, but for 2017, the addition of traction control and D-Modes allow the rider to extract even more performance from the potent engine.
- Cutting Edge Engine Design: The R6 is powered by a compact and lightweight 599cc DOHC liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine featuring the latest manufacturing technology. Sixteen titanium valves, a high 13.1:1 compression ratio and lightweight forged pistons allow for smooth high-revving power. Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced friction. Magnesium engine covers minimize engine weight.
- Race-Tested Variable Intake System: The YZF-R6 features Yamaha’s Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I®)-which electronically changes the effective intake tract length to give the benefits of both shorter and taller intake stacks in a single engine-for a broader, more tractable powerband. The twin injector intake system also uses shower-style fuel injectors above the intakes to provide optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: A close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration to suit the engine output, and is designed to be very compact. The crankshaft, input and output shafts are "stacked" in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front-to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling.
- Racing-Derived Slipper Clutch: Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch reduces engine braking effects and eases aggressive downshifting from high speed.
- Compact Titanium Exhaust: The midship titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP®-Yamaha’s Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve-for a broad powerband, along with an oxygen sensor for spot-on fuel injection and clean-running emissions.
- Advanced Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle: The ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider and instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening, and then actuates the throttle valves to actively control intake volume. This technology gives the rider the precise level of control required to push the envelope at racing speeds.
- New Adjustable Traction Control System: A Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. On the R6, the advanced system is designed to operate and intervene extremely smoothly, for minimal disruption to forward drive, and unlike many TC systems, is capable of adapting to changing tire diameter and grip caused by tire wear. The YZF-R6 TCS includes six modes (plus off) to suit various road conditions and rider preferences.
- New Selectable Drive Mode (D-Mode): The 2017 YZF-R6 features Yamaha’s D-Mode system to allow the rider to choose the optimum engine character for their riding situation and preferences. The rider can choose from three throttle valve control maps (Standard Mode, "A" Mode, and "B" Mode) for different throttle response characteristics at the push of a button.
- New Instrumentation: For 2017, the YZF-R6 features a new combination analog and digital LCD instrument package that displays a huge range of information, including a programmable shift light, fuel economy, dual trip meters with miles-on-reserve function, and indicators for the new electronic rider aids, including TCS and D-Mode.
- GP-Style Deltabox® Frame: The YZF-R6 Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates years of GP development in terms of geometry, engine positioning and rigidity, resulting in the gold standard in 600-class handling. The R6 combines lightning-fast handling agility with confidence-inspiring mid-corner stability.
- New Seat and Magnesium Rear Subframe: An all-new magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization, while the redesigned seat-now flatter and 20mm narrower at the front-makes it easier to reach the ground and gives riders more room to maneuver during aggressive racetrack riding.
- New Aluminum Fuel Tank: The all-new aluminum alloy fuel tank shaves over 2.5 pounds compared to an equivalent steel tank, lowering the bike’s center of gravity while improving rider ergonomics. The graceful curves of aluminum are accentuated by hand-welded craftsmanship for a truly beautiful finalized part.
- New R1-Derived KYB® Fork: To ensure class-leading front-end feel and confidence, the 2017 YZF-R6 features the advanced KYB® 43mm fork found on the R1, tuned specifically for the R6. With excellent damping and awesome feedback from the front tire, the fork offers exceptional adjustability, with all adjustments at the top of the fork. The new fork also uses the R1’s large 25mm axle shaft, further boosting rigidity and wheel control.
- New KYB® Shock: The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. A new piggyback shock design features four-way preload and damping adjustability for effective wheel control across a wide variety of conditions.
- Powerful New Brakes with ABS: The 2017 YZF-R6 uses the same components found on the R1: 320mm front rotors, gripped by four-piston radial-mount calipers and actuated by a Nissin® radial-pump master cylinder. The result is excellent power with precise control. A lightweight new rear caliper supports the front system, and ABS is standard for enhanced braking on imperfect road surfaces.
- Aggressive New R-Series Styling: The 2017 YZF-R6 presents a sleeker profile that expresses the next generation of Yamaha R-series styling. The new LED marker lights create a striking face centered on the updated YZR-M1™-style ram air intake. Futuristic and aggressive, the R6 stands out compared to anything else on the road or track today
- Improved Aerodynamics: The smoothly flowing front ‘face’ and bodywork reduces aerodynamic drag by 8 percent, achieving the highest level of aerodynamic efficiency of any production Yamaha in history, and improving top speed on the racetrack. The cross-layered fairing design also ensures excellent airflow to cool the engine with minimal drag.
- New LED Lighting: Like the YZF-R1, the new R6 uses LED lighting to great effect. The compact LED headlights are tucked away for a less mechanical appearance while still providing brilliant illumination. The front LED turn signals are integrated into the mirrors for a sleeker style, while the rear LED taillight is ultra-compact to match the narrow new tail unit.
- Ready to Accessorize: The 2017 YZF-R6 is ready to hit the racetrack straight from the factory floor, but for riders looking for the extra edge, an accessory Quick Shift System can be installed to allow for clutchless full-throttle upshifts for maximum acceleration.
- Engine Type: 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC Inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tirres / Rear: 180/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 80.3 in. x 27.4 in. x 45.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Wet Weight: 419 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
New for 2017
- Thrilling New R-Series Styling: Sleek new fairings immediately signal the serious intent of the 2017 YZF-R6 while boosting aerodynamic efficiency. All-LED lighting creates a sinister new front face, while integrated front turn signals, a new aluminum fuel tank, and R1-style tail section with stepped seat finish off the profile perfectly.
- All-New Suite of Electronic Rider Aids: Thanks to the ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®), the 2017 YZF-R6 integrates a range of electronic rider aids to give the rider even more control, including selectable D-Mode engine response, a multi-mode traction control system and an accessory quick shifter.
- R1-Derived Suspension: To ensure absolute confidence in the front tire with ideal feedback, the new R6 features the same KYB® 43mm inverted front fork as the YZF-R1®, tuned to suit the unique characteristics of the R6. A new KYB® rear shock provides a massive range of adjustment as well.
- Upgraded Brakes with ABS: For 2017, the YZF-R6 now features larger 320mm front disc brakes, matched to radial-mount four-piston calipers and a Nissin® radial-mount master cylinder, all right off the R1, for exceptional braking power. ABS is also new for 2017, to ensure braking control across less than ideal road conditions.
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC Inline 4-cylinder; 16 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0mm x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- 43mm KYB® inverted fork, 3-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® piggyback shock, 4-way adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 24.0 deg.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 419 lb.
- Matte Black; Team Yamaha Blue; Intensity White/Matte Silver
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)