2018 Honda CRF 150R Expert
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
It's never too early for a big advantage.
What parent doesn’t want the best for his or her kids? You try to give them every advantage you can—a safe place to live, a good education. You try to be a good role model. You teach them that if they’re going to try, they should try their hardest. And nothing delivers that lesson like competition.
Honda’s CRF150R is designed to give your young Red Rider the biggest advantage ever on the motocross track. It’s not just an off-road bike with a low seat height; it’s a serious competition machine tailor-maid for young racers. Designed around a single-cylinder Honda Unicam engine, it offers all the performance your riders need to keep them at the front of the pack and get them on top of the podium. For 2018 we’ve updated the CRF150R’s look with new graphics right in line with our open-class CRF450R’s.
Plus, since the right-sized bike is critical, to fit a wider variety of riders, we also make the CRF150R available in a second version: the CRF150R Expert, featuring bigger wheels, a higher seat and longer swingarm.
Premium Suspension: Showa® front and rear gives you unrivaled suspension action, especially over smaller, faster bumps that unsettle a bike’s chassis.
Honda Performance: Thanks to the Unicam® cylinder head, this four-stroke engine is more powerful yet more compact, improving handling, power and efficiency.
- Lightweight Wheels: Strong, lightweight wheels are durable and minimize unsprung weight.
- Front Disc Brake: The front disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
- Showa® Suspension: The adjustable 37mm leading-axle inverted Showa cartridge fork features specially tuned valving for small bumps and a friction-reducing design to improve compression and rebound control.
- Unicam® Engine: The CRF150R uses a Unicam® engine based on our championship-winning CRF450R and CRF250R. Designed to give you excellent rideability and more power and torque across the rev range, the engine runs consistently at different tracks and varying elevations and temperatures—it’s an all-around winner.
- Track-Designed Chassis: A lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with large-diameter frame tubing and crossmember delivers excellent turning performance and straight-line tracking.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CRF150R’s Pro-Link® rear-suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa® shock for superb bump absorption and wheel control.
- Rear Disc Brake: The rear disc brake provides powerful, precise braking.
- Accelerator Pump: The CRF150R uses a carburetor featuring a “direct push” accelerator pump which gives you better, more immediate throttle response.
- New Graphics: The CRF150R features clean, bold, bright new graphics for 2018 that look like our CRF450R’s. Look like a pro, ride like a pro.
- Engine Type: 149cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder single cylinder four stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 66 mm x 43.7 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.7:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 26 mm intake, steel; 22.5 mm exhaust, steel
- Induction: Keihin® 32 mm flat slide with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission: Close-ratio five speed
- Final Drive: #420 chain; 15T/50T
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork; 10.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® fully adjustable Showa single shock; 10.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 190 mm disc
- Front Tire: 70/100-19 Dunlop MX51
- Rear Tire: 90/100-16
- Rake: 27 deg. 48 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 96 mm (3.78 in.)
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Seat Height: 34.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 11.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 187 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.11 gal.
- Emissions: Consult owners manual for optional racing parts.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF150R
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder single cylinder four stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 66 mm x 43.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 32 mm flat slide with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted Showa® cartridge fork; 10.8 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 70/100-19 Dunlop MX51
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® fully adjustable Showa single shock; 10.7 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 187 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.11 gal.
- 50.6 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 11.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 34.1 in.
- 3.78 in. (96 mm)
- 27 deg. 48 min.
- Close-ratio five speed
- Final Drive
- #420 chain; 15T/50T